Thursday, August 8, 2013

Inspiration: the 70s

I don't know, I never used to take the 70s very seriously when it came to fashion. Of course I didn't see them as being as comical as the 80s, but still. But all of a sudden... I like them. Bam. Crazy.

What happened? you may ask. 

I've really gotten into the bohemian aesthetic. I like the leather fringe (in some cases; and no, I have yet to own or wear it myself), I like the loose drape-y kimono/shawl thing that's totally coming back, and I love the (preferably faux-) fur that was seen during the era. 

Behold, my case for the 70s:

Jane Birkin. via
Jane Birkin. via
Jane Birkin in Lanvin. via
More Jane Birkin. via
I honestly did not plan on this being completely about Jane Birkin. via
Freddie being awesome + Brian May's cape = <3  via
Annie Hall! Not the classic shot, I know, but amazing nonetheless. I heard Woody Allen just had Diane Keaton wear whatever she wanted. Diane Keaton forever! via 
Woodstock was 1969, which was basically the 70s. This couple is awesome. via
Catherine Deneuve, 1972. via

Favorite items to look for: floppy wool hats, bell bottom jeans, flowy, semi-sheer tunics, fringed leather skirts, embroidered kimono jackets, and shag coats. And over-the-knee suede boots. Go forth and be boho!

No comments:

Post a Comment